Vocare in Georgia is an Episcopal young adult ministry serving both the Diocese of Georgia and the Diocese of Atlanta. Through weekend retreats and community building, Vocare in Georgia provides opportunities for self-discovery and the beginnings of spiritual discernment.
God is calling each one of us into deepened faithfulness and more clearly defined ministries. The Vocare weekend is filled with fun and games, serious reflection and discussion, and worship that is familiar and relaxed.
- Create and nurture intentional Christian communities of young adults at the diocesan level
- Hold young adult-led weekends composed of a series of talks, small group discussions, and other activities designed to give young adults tools to discern God’s call in their lives
- Empower young adults to answer God’s call through their vocation
- Encourage and support young adults to expand their involvement in Christian communities beyond Vocare
- Grow the Vocare ministry to dioceses throughout the worldwide Anglican Communion.
Next Vocare Weekend
Vocare #23 will be held January 31 – February 1, 2014 at Honey Creek Camp and Conference Center in south Georgia. Staffed by young adults and Episcopal clergy, the Vocare weekend is one that is filled with time for prayer, time for discussions, time to relax and time to strengthen your Christian community.
To learn more about the Vocare experience, we invite you to check out the Vocare Storytellers posts on our blog.